v.3.56.41 Released April 13, 2018
1. The "Move to Top" Song Request Queue list re-positioning button may be inoperative at times. - RESOLVED -
2. It was possible that while re-positioning selections within the Song Request Queue, the Song Request Edit dialog may inadvertently open, or an unexpected performance may launch depending on the "Quick-Launch" option selection. - RESOLVED -
v.3.56.40 Released March 19, 2018
1. Songbooks Online: Added the ability to suspend incoming song requests while keeping Songbooks Online active, allowing app users to search/browse your song selections, view the rotation and receive Shout-Outs although incoming requests are blocked.
To toggle incoming requests, simply utilize the new "ACCEPTING REQUESTS/BLOCKING REQUESTS" button located toward the upper-right of the Incoming Requests list.
1. After editing/changing a KEY or TEMPO within the Song Request Edit dialog, it's possible that future song requests may errantly inherit the key/tempo change. -RESOLVED-
v.3.56.30 Released February 23, 2018
1. Microsoft recently released Windows security updates that have been reported to cause stability issues within applications utilizing the embedded ADOBE FLASH component, such as utilized within CompuHost V3's embedded "Instructional Videos" feature. To resolve the issue, the embedded FLASH component has been removed in favor of utilizing the default Internet Browser as configured.
v.3.56.20 Released February 9, 2018
1. Optimized search method for users searching by Song Number. Simply enter the Song Number into the Search Box and press ENTER.
2. Added a new RIGHT-CLICK menu selection to the Song Search dialog...
"Display All Listings Matching Last Played Selection"
This new feature may be useful when an onstage performer dislikes an ongoing version/brand of a selection and wishes to try another.
v.3.56.10 Released February 2, 2018
1. Added ability to re-sort Song Search results by Song Title or Artist Name.
1. In some cases, when the "Add All Song Requests to Performer's History at time of Request" option is activated, new song requests may be added to the incorrect performer's history. -RESOLVED-
v.3.56.00 Released January 30, 2018
1. Added active configuration to Application Title Bar.
2. Added active DJ/FillerTunes Playlist Filename to DJ/Fillertunes Playlist Header.
3. "Stopguard (Require Double Click)" and "Auto-Fade on Stop" now applies to Solo Mode also.
4. Optional "Auto-Fade Audio on STOP" setting now preserved between sessions.
1. At times, after performing a File Indexing/Cataloging operation, a BIND error may be encountered, forcing an application shutdown, -RESOLVED-
2. On more advanced computer systems, specifically systems utilizing multiple Graphics Processing Units (GPU), the "Auxiliary Window Auto-Positioning" process may fail to accurately locate the Extended Screen. -RESOLVED-
3. On certain system configurations, mostly advanced multi-GPU systems with the "Extended Screen" positioned to a non-default location (Left, Top etc.), it was possible that the onscreen lyrics would fail to display at times. -RESOLVED-
4. While playing a Karaoke Video selection through to the end, the auxiliary (performer's) display may fail to return to the default backdrop display. -RESOLVED-
v.3.55.02 Released January 8, 2018
1. A vastly improved and optimized CDG Lyrics Display Engine was recently introduced (v.3.55.01). Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that some suspected, possibly non-standard inline video splitters and/or converters (between the computer and the external display devices (TV etc.)) may be inhibiting CompuHost's ability to derive the needed external display attributes required by the new CDG Lyrics Display Engine. Although this has so far proven extremely rare (1 out of over 300 users to date), it remains important to us to offer a solution to the effected user(s). If you are experiencing display issues after updating to the latest CompuHost V3 Revision (v.3.55.00 or later), please follow these steps to disable the new CDG Lyrics Display optimizations and hopefully resolve your display issue...
WARNING! The overall display quality of the Onscreen Lyrics Display will be negatively affected after disabling the new CDG Lyrics Display Optimizations, therefore perform the following steps ONLY if absolutely needed!
v.3.55.01 Released January 3, 2018
- Download and install the latest CompuHost V3 Revision (v.3.55.02 or later).
- Launch CompuHost V3 and select "Help->System Information" from the Top Main Menu.
- Click the "Advanced" button found on the lower left of the dialog.
- Your default system editor (notepad) should open with the "system2.ini" file preloaded.
- Locate the line that reads "DisableCDGDXMode=0" and change its value to "1" (DisableCDGDXMode=1)
- Save the file and close the editor.
- IMPORTANT! Shutdown and restart CompuHost V3 so the new setting can take effect
1. Optimized CDG Lyrics Engine: Takes better advantage of the capabilities available with higher end graphic devices, resulting in improved graphics quality.
2. Added a Karaoke Playback Tracker Bar below Host's Lyrics Display: Allows for instantly changing the ongoing Karaoke playback position.
3. The auxiliary "Song Request/Past Performances" display now works even during DJ/FillerTunes Video playback.
1. DJ/FillerTunes Console: If the user stopped playback of an ongoing video prior to deactivating "AutoPlay", the screen could remain black and fail to display subsequent Karaoke Lyrics onscreen. -RESOLVED-
v.3.50.55 Released December 4, 2017
1. Instituted a workaround to hopefully address inaccurate video scaling/resizing issues apparent when utilizing certain errant video devices and/or device drivers.
2. When uploading the CompuHost Songlist to the Songbooks Online servers, the preconfigured "Brand Preferences" could be ignored under certain circumstances. - RESOLVED -
v.3.50.53 Released November 13, 2017
1. Added support for switching to a columnar list format (Compressed List View) within the Song Search dialog. You may now switch between the new "Expanded" and previous "Collapsed" list views within the "Singer Rotation", "Song Request Queue". "Performer History" and "Song Search" by RIGHT-CLICKING within the applicable list and selecting "Switch to ..." from the drop-down selections.
2. Prior to this revision, while performing a song search and reselecting (clicking within) the Search Text box after obtaining results from a previous search, the previous search text was cleared. The previous Search Text is now retained while NOT utilizing SAYT (Search As You Type) ONLY. While utilizing SAYT, the search text continues to be cleared for technical reasons.
1. If adding or editing a Performer at the precise time that an ongoing performance is ending and the Performer List is rotating, it was possible that the Performer Name within the Add/Edit dialog may change to an existing performer name. -RESOLVED-
v.3.50.51 Released October 05, 2017
1. Updated license manager to ensure continued compatibility with the latest Windows 10 Security Patch.
1. Some users have reported that the Request Queue and History lists are erratically collapsing to occupy only a portion of the intended screen area at times. Although we've been unable to recreate the issue, we have instituted changes to hopefully circumvent the issue.
v.3.50.50 Released October 03, 2017
1. By popular demand, we have re-instituted RIGHT-BORDER markers within the Performer's Rotation, Song Requests and Past Performer History Queues. Applicable to the COLLAPSED LIST VIEW only. (RIGHT-CLICK and select Collapsed View within the desired list). The new EXPANDED LIST VIEW utilizes staggered columns and therefore not compatible with border markers.
1. While utilizing the Search Dialog in the new PINNED mode, users may be unable to configure Insta-Tunes buttons at times -RESOLVED-
2. While utilizing the Search Dialog in the new PINNED mode and
with the "Add All Song Requests to Performer's History at time of Request" option activated and
adding selections to Performer Queues by utilizing the DOUBLE-CLICKING method, the selection may be applied to an incorrect Performer's History. -RESOLVED-
v.3.50.40 Released September 29, 2017
1. Added ability to sort and search Performer History by Date, Title and Artist (Click List Header Labels).
1. For users utilizing non-default Windows Screen DPI settings (NOT RECOMMENDED!), the pinned Song Search dialog may not size and position correctly. -RESOLVED-
2. REGRESSION: Song Indexer was not defaulting to "Update Only" while indexing new selections into an existing catalog. -RESOLVED-
3. Switching between Expanded and Compressed list formats within the Performer History may not completely fill the list depending on the number of selections within the performer's history. -RESOLVED-
4. Uploading the Song Catalog to the Songbooks Online server after already opening the Song Search dialog may render subsequent song searches ineffective until the Songlist is refreshed. -RESOLVED-
v.3.50.30 Released September 27, 2017
1. Removed "Disable Intellifonts" option. Screens have evolved, encompassing far too many controls for use without autosizing fonts (Intellifonts).
2. A recent Windows 10 security update may interfere with the built-in K-Lite CODEC auto-installer. For users requiring updated CODECS for playback of some formats (MP4), the automated K-Lite CODEC Pack installer may now be scheduled for the next normal application launch.
v.3.50.20 Released September 26, 2017
1. Ability to "PIN" the Song Search Dialog to the Main Host Dialog.
2. Added new "Expanded List" formats facilitating larger Drag and Drop target zones. May be activated/deactivated by utilizing the RIGHT-CLICK menus within each list.
3. Additional optimizations to the SAYT (Search As You Type) feature, facilitating larger Songbases. WARNING: Depending on the performance capabilities of the computer, larger songbases may negatively impact overall performance.
4. Simplified Song Search dialog layout.
v.3.45.03 Released August 29, 2017
1. Recent Windows 10 Maintenance Update may cause issues while utilizing the built-in K-LITE CODEC PACK Installer. - RESOLVED
2. If attempting to launch the "AutoPlay" mode within the DJ/FillerTunes Console while less than two selections have been loaded will display a reminder. Subsequent attempts to launch AutoPlay after encountering the reminder may fail. -RESOLVED
v.3.45.02 Released August 14, 2017
1. When the "Add New Performers to END of Performer List" Auto-Processing option is selected (Add Performer->Set Auto-Processing (Button to Right of Rotation)), manually changing the intended rotation position may result in duplicate position numbers within rotation.
2. When utilizing the LARGEST font selection within the "Performer Rotation" list, 2+ digit rotation position numbers were truncated.
v.3.45.01 Released August 9, 2017
1. A new popup balloon reminder has been added, reminding users to perform a clean shutdown on systems whereby the last clean shutdown was performed 20 days (or more) in the past. Please reference the topic below regarding the Windows 10 Fast Start boot option and how it may cause system wide slowdowns and/or instabilities.
1. For systems with extended durations between full/clean reboots (+24 days), computer resources may be exhausted below acceptable thresholds and may cause erratic/unstable operation, including the inability to display onscreen lyrics. - RESOLVED
IMPORTANT! Windows 10, 8.0 and 8.1 Fast Start boot option may cause system slowdowns and instabilities!
Please be aware that shutting down Windows 10, 8.0 and 8.1, while the default "Fast Start" boot option is activated, does NOT actually perform a "clean" shutdown. Instead the computer is only placed in a quasi-sleep mode. This may significantly degrade overall system performance and stability over time. Therefore, you are strongly advised to "force" a clean shutdown at regular intervals by simply holding the SHIFT key down while clicking the Shutdown selection (Windows Start->Power->Shutdown).
CLICK HERE for instructions on disabling the Fast Start boot option.
2. Post performance processing (Autodeactivate) may produce unexpected results at times (incorrect singer selection etc.) - RESOLVED
v.3.43.03 Released June 17, 2017
1. Under very specific scenarios, Editing an existing song request selection within the Song Request Queue may result in an application lockup. - RESOLVED
2. Clicking the GO button while a performer with NO requests in queue is selected may result in the launching of a selection found in another performers request queue. - RESOLVED
v.3.43.02 Released June 7, 2017
1. Depending on the "Add New Performer Positioning" setting, new performers may be added into an incorrect and/or undesired position within the rotation. - RESOLVED
2. Manually dragging Songbooks Online requests into rotation may cause an irregular rotation sequence. - RESOLVED
v.3.43.00 Released June 5, 2017
1. Added new option to auto-deactivate performers following their performance regardless of further song requests in their queue. May be useful when winding down your show and wishing to keep performers in line in case you have time to get a few more in!
2. Moved drop-down menu for "post performance processing" such as the newly added feature described above to a convenient "rotation" icon positioned to the upper left of the Karaoke "Start/Stop" button.
3. Added "Check for Update" feature to simplify checking for and obtaining program updates.
1. Users may have been experiencing momentary or extended program lockups while attempting to add performers at times. - RESOLVED
2. Songbooks Online subscribers may have been experiencing momentary or extended program lockups at times, especially while utilizing slower or less reliable Internet connections. - RESOLVED.
3. Songbooks Online subscribers were unable to activate Songbooks Online during an ongoing performance without momentarily freezing the onscreen lyrics. - RESOLVED.